The plugin Akeeba Backup, provides backup for your entire WordPress site, including the database.
Akeeba Backup can’t be installed by the plugin manager in WordPress, it must be downloaded and installed manually.
- To do it go to the Akeeba Kickstart download page and download the WordPress plugin for AkeebaBackup.
- Go to your Your WordPress Admin area -> Plugins
- Click Add New
- Click Upload
- Choose the file you downloaded
- Click Install Now
- Activate the plugin.
In your WordPress control panel you can now see Akeeba Backup.
- Click it to enter Akeeba Backup.
- If you first time use Akeeba Backup start Configure Wizard
- Run the backup
- Give the backup file a name, and click “Backup Now”.
- Wait until the backup is finished
- Manage Backups
You can restore your backups on any server, even a different one than the one you took your backup on. You will need to download Akeeba Kickstart Core to extract the backup archives.